Thursday 27 March 2014

A spring card opening onto... Ice Creams!

Hellooo! Coco here today, I'm sharing with you an humorous card inspired by the spring and sunny weather we have had throughout this month (at least in France). My card opens on a small frame of....ice creams. Yum!... :D On the front panel we have four old ladies who are eyeing through the opening of the chocolate & ice cream man ...:D I used a humorous stamp by Art Impressions and old patterned papers that make me think to spring and sweets. I took a lot of pleasure to play with the new release Tando Minis - Ice Creams to decorate the inside. 


On the front panel, I had fun with my Ink Splatters mask to create festive and colorful splatters, looking like fireworks... With a small  foam pad I covered the holes with white paint first and then colored them using watercolor Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush. I also used the Burning Rubber mask in the same way, to create a ground for my ladies.
My ladies are stamped on smooth stamping paper and heat embossed with fine black powder before fussy cut. Derwent Inktense pencils were also used to colour all my images, heat embossed in Clear at the end and glued in place with Glossy Accents. 


My card opens up to... Four ice creams, YUM-YUM!!!!


At top of the left side I have added a bunting strip from my Bunting Small Scalloped pack of 4. I painted it with acrylic paints (I used translucent PA paints: Zesty Zinc + Pumpkin Soup) and also put a bit of glitter stickles in lime green on the edges, then I stamped the word 'spring'.
I used my new Stitches Group mask to draw an irregular border line with Olive distress marker and outlined the edges with a brown pen. 


And here are the ice creams!!! To fit to the theme this week, I glued them on a small board with rounded edges from my pack of Mixed Media Boards. The size of mine is 80 mm x 116 mm, but they exist in two sizes. It's a great product, we can do and imagine many things with it!

To decorate my frame and my ice creams, I did the following:
For the frame, I first gesso-ed it (and also the ice creams elements) slightly. Once dry, I reused my Ink Splatters mask and coated the board with opaque yellow saffron paint over it (PA Haystack), then I applied a coat of translucent yellow paint (Zesty Zinc) on the whole board. I set my stencil at the same place again and added a bit of Claret (another translucent paint) over the splatters. A second coat (very rapid with the leftovers) of Zesty Zinc was applied at the end to enforce the shine of the board, and I also glued on the edges a bit of Lime Green Glitter Stickles.   
For the ice creams, I played with several acrylic chalk paints and inks to colour them. I used PA Vanilla, Rose, Limelight, Chocolate Pudding, Orchid, Lilac and Eggplant, and a tiny drop of Dylusions Bubblegum Pink ink (the great flashy pink colour!) and Fresh Lime over Limelight (giving this yummy shiny Green). For the final touch I also added a bit of Glam Pink Stickles and 3D brown paint to create small chocolate chips. Slightly sanded the brown strips also to finish... 
You probably don't have all these paints, but you can easily adapt and use any paint or ink you have in your stash... 

New Releases:
Tando Minis - Ice Creams

Other Tando supplies: 
Stitches Group Mask 15cm x 15cm

Ink Splatters Mask

Mixed Media Boards 80mm x 116mm

Bunting Small Scalloped

Hope this card has put a smile on your face haha! Have a great day! Hugs Coco xx

"Forget Art - Put your trust in Ice-Cream" (Charles Baxter, the Feast of Love)

2 comments:

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

Coco, I love this!! It is too stinkin' adorable!!! TFS!!
Hugs!!

Sandra said...

C'est a-do-rable ! wonderful project. These ice cream chips are so lovely. Great job !!! :)