Saturday 31 May 2014

Stencils - You are my Sunshine


I love this stencil by Andy Skinner and it fitted perfectly with the title of my page - "You are my Sunshine" - as it is called Sunburst.  

I started my page, working out where all my elements were going, and there is quite a bit of reflections going on there - like the title and the photo blocks, so I did the same with the mask, just reflected it on a diagonal line.  I used some white gesso and a palette knife with the mask, though any white acrylic would work, I also tried to create quite a thick layer of paint so it adds some texture to the page.  You'll need to leave a little drying time as the 2 circles overlap but I love the effect the mask gives to the page, drawing your eye into the photos.



This photo shows how impatient I am with my drying time!!! The first circle is really crisp - I forgot to wash the mask in-between the 2 circles - hence this one is not so crisp....so patience and washing is a virtue :))



1 comment:

Kaz said...

That's so lovely and bright Katherine xx