Tuesday 26 August 2014

Dominoes - Love Canvas

Hi all!  Caroline here with this weeks theme of 'Dominoes'.



I thought right outside the box here and decorated a canvas with fabric pieces the same size as a domino - 2"x1"!

I cut long strips of canvas two inches wide and then decorated them using Tando Creative's Harlequin mask and ink.
Harlequin

I then sewed each blank line created by the stencil, and cut into one inch lengths to create the separate dominoes.  I stitched each one onto an 8"x8" piece of canvas and added the 'love' sentiment which was stamped and then chain stitched before adding to the canvas.



This whole piece was sewn to a 10"x10" canvas which I had painted.  I added the framed effect by using the Stripes mask with some Viva Decor Terra.

 

Stripes





I then decorated the whole piece with some seed beads.  I have to have busy hands whilst watching the TV!

Caroline





5 comments:

Kaz said...

Stunning Caroline, it's simply gorgeous xxx

Cocofolies said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Coco x

Cocofolies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cocofolies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Totally Stunning Caroline!!!!! x