Saturday 11 April 2015

Painting week with Karen

Hello there!  I hope you have been enjoying our 'painty' week!  I am here with a little 7x5inch canvas to show you today.  I have used a lovely mask/stencil by  the lovely *Giovanna Zara (Profile)* as my base.  Then I added lots of mini *flowers* and leaves (here and here) and a mini *butterfly*.  Along with a little help from this gorgeous *long flourish mask*.



To start I drew through the profile mask with a pencil onto watercolour paper and painted it before cutting it out.


This was glued to my decorated canvas and some *DecoArt Texture Paste* added through the flourish mask to 'make' the hair.  I then placed the flowers & leaves over the top to see where I wanted them to go and took a photo to remind me later! (always a good idea) :-D 


You can see in the finished canvas that I went over the texture paste with some purple Sparkling Medium.  (there was nothing wrong with the DecoArt Paste but I just changed my mind & wanted a deep sparkly colour)  I painted the flowers, leaves & butterfly with *Decoart Fluid Acrylics*.  These have the most incredible pigment strength and you only need a teensy bit added to some white acrylic.  Some lace was added to the hair area before I attached the flowers, leaves & butterfly, using my photo as a guide.  Crackle Accents and flat backed pearls finish it all off.


If you fancy getting all painty-fied then why not join in with our challenge?  Info on the page at the top of the blog.

I hope that you like it.  Thank you so much for popping by, hugs, Karen x

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Stunning canvas, absolutely beautiful xx xx