Tuesday 12 May 2015

Peeled Scallops

For the peeling back technique I've made a card:


I soaked a ~{Scallop}~ and a ~{Button}~ in water for about 5 - 10 minutes - make sure it's completely submerged - and then carefully separated a couple of layers. Mine was actually whiteboard so the white layer came off and I've saved that to use for texture on a journal page.

Once they are separated, leave them to dry completely. I'd recommend splitting them in the evening and letting them dry overnight unless you live somewhere warm. If they are damp you run the risk of them becoming damaged.

I then painted them using DecoArt's White chalk effect paint mixed with ~{Quinacridone Violet}~,  ~{Cobalt Teal}~ and ~{Napthol Red Light}~ fluid acrylics. Once dry I used Gelatos to add some shading, stamped on the button then gave everything a coat of ~{Clear Liquid Glass}~.

I've used 2 stamped birds that I watercoloured and cut out. Once everything was dry, I added a ribbon, some doodling, glued everything in place and finished off with a greeting.

Keep checking out the ~{Blog}~ this week to see what the rest of the team comes up with.

Kaz xxx

2 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Such juicy colours Kaz ♥♥ Love, love, love your card :))

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, love the technique x x x x