Saturday 19 September 2015

An Altered Clock Anything goes by Dee

Hi Guy's I have the fabulous Tando Clock for you today I
made this a couple of weeks ago and am trying to 
remember how I made it.
I know it was all Deco Art Media line and Tando clock and stencils.
Three of the segments were decorated with black paste put through the Tando
 Giovanna stencil and left to dry.
Six Segments were put in two different Tim Holtz embossing folders.
The first was painted with Titan buff and Burnt Umber once dry
I used Deco Art Antiquing cream patina, and knocked back
with a damp cloth.
Prussian Blue Hue was used to paint the second set of segments
Tim Holtz English Red Oxide Antiquing cream was then 
used and knocked back when dry.
Prussian Blue Hue was used with white tinting base over the black modelling paste. 
Black Antiquing cream was used over the painted segment
 then knocked back with a damp cloth.
For the fourth segment's I learnt this technique in Andy skinners online 
workshop Time worn. So am unable to share with you.
The numbers and the centre piece were embossed with copper.
Treasure gold and copper metallic were used to highlight
the textures. The outer edge of the clock was finished off with 
crackle glaze once dried I painted it with burnt umber, 
then rubbed with treasure gold.
All segments were coated with Andy's dirty wash technique.
I think I have remembered all the bits you can always ask
if you want to know anything and `I will try
to answer all your questions.
please feel free to let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee x
PRODUCTS USED
  1. Deco Art  products used were Media Crackle paste, Black modelling paste, White tinting base, Ultra matte varnish, Antiquing cream in the following colours Patina, English Red Oxide, and Carbon black. 
  2. Deco art media fluid acrylic paint colous used were Prussian Blue Hue, Paynes grey Quinacridone Gold, Titan Buff and bunt Umber.
  3. Copper embossing powder.
  4. Tando Creative products Andy skinner clock, Tando Stencil used Giovanna.
  5. Tim Holtz texture fades embossing folders from my stash.



3 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

Wonderful clock design and so many techniques throughout the entire clock! Just got my hands on some DecoArt supplies so I can't wait to give some of these a try! TFS Dee! ~Niki

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning work, Dee - fabulous textures, and the colours are right up my street.
Alison x

Gio said...

It's gorgeous! Love all the different textures!