Tuesday 10 November 2015

3D Week: Frosty Morning Arch


Hi friends! Dana here today sharing an arch I embellished with some dimensional elements for the 3D theme this week. The weather is turning here in the States. The leaves are falling from the tree, the mornings are frosty, and the color is slowly leaving the landscape. The only happy colors I have in my yard are from my roses that are doing their best to hang on and the occasional cardinal. This arch was inspired by the view from my front window.


I started this piece by outlining a tree pattern using the tree stencil from the Trees and Leaves 3-Part Stencil Set onto an inner piece from the Arabian Style Layered Arch Frame. I then tore up and twisted pieces of a brown paper bag to make dimensional tree branches that I glued over the stenciled tree pattern. Once the glue was dry I used acrylic paints and glazes to paint the tree, the background of the arch and the other pieces of chipboard I added to this piece.


I added a piece of Fence Flexistrip to the bottom of the arch. (This is the only chipboard from Tando that is flexible like this. It is great to bend and wrap around projects.) I topped the fence with a chilly rhinestone gust of wind and some Mini Flowers.

You can find the pieces I used for this project and more in the Tando Creative Retail Store! We'd love to see what you create for our 3D Challenge! To be in with a chance of winning some great Tando goodies of your choice, please make a piece based on our weekly themes and link your project, not just your blog, using the inlinkz tool located at the top of the Tando Blog. You don't have to use any Tando product, but, if you do, you will be entered into the draw twice! There are no limits to how many times you enter, however, we do request that you only enter your piece for 5 challenges. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is just lovely Dana! Love how you have 3D'd your piece x