Saturday 30 April 2016

Spring Has Sprung

Hello, Lisa here and welcome to another Tando creation blog post.
This weeks theme is 'spring has sprung' and I'm so glad spring has arrived in the craft room because in the real world, it feels like winter! Bbbbrrrrrr.

Here is my creation...

spring has sprung

So this week, the boss (the lovely Di Oliver) came up with a brill suggestion to see if the Tando Creative Team could come up with ideas on what to do or how used the inside packaging from Tando products. I wanted to make some sort of feature plaque and the cardboard packaging from inside the large square frame was perfect for me to use as a substrate.

I used the random circles mask at either end of the substrate and applied a thick layer of home made texture paste through the mask and again used DecoArt Fluid Acrylic paints over the top.




I covered the large square frame with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I then added a thin layer of white gesso over the top and wiped areas off with a damp cloth to give it a worn effect.




I took some of the rabbits from the Tando Mini's - Rabbits pack and applied DecoArt sand texture paste and painted them with Burnt Umber DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic.




I then used leaves from the Tando Mini's leaves 1 and leaves 2 set along with the Tando leaf flourish 110mm and applied a thick layer of DecoArt crackle paint. I also did the same with the Tando Mini's butterflies. 





To finish, I punched a couple of holes in the top and added some red organza ribbon to hang the plaque.


Thanks for stopping by the Tando Blog today, if you would like to see my creation in more detail along with more pictures, please visit my blog @ lisalisamakes.blogspot.co.uk 
Lisa xxx


Tando products I used...



Frame - Large Square Random Circles Mask Tando Mini's - Leaves 1     
  Tando Mini's - Leaves 2             Tando Mini's - Butterflies 
 Tando Mini's - Rabbits  Leaf Flourish 110mm

No comments: