Thursday 18 August 2016

Nathalie Kalbach Urban by Dee

Hi everyone I hope you are well. Today I have a piece
notebook made using a  Nathalie Kalbach stamp
and Tando mixed media boards/stencil.


I folded Card  x 4 and cut to fit then painted with Gesso followed by 
Deco art chalk paint, I set this aside to dry.


For the covers I used mixed media boards that I gave a coat of Gesso 
prior to putting black modelling paste through  the tire tread
stencil to both top left & bottom right of the front cover. 


I mixed primary magenta with tinting base and painted the entire
 2 media boards once dry a coat of weather wood again when dry 
a coat of crackle paint. I used the sequin waste stencil
 randomly put black modelling paste through.
I also gave the edges a scrap of paste.


Once dry I used a media interference in turquoise and gave a
coat over both boards. The urban stamp had been 
stamped onto stamping card and painted with watery washes 
of green and burnt umber then cut out 
and given a coat of mat medium.


Patina green followed by Black antiquing cream was used 
over both boards and knocked back once happy i affixed 
the urban skyline onto both boards and fixed in the pages.


Products used 

All the following can be purchased through Di by clicking on the links the only exception would be my stash.

  1. Tando products used:- Mixed Media Boards 80mm x 116mmSequin Waste Mask 15cm x 15cm,  & A Skinner Stencil/Mask - Tread Carefully
  2. Deco Art products used:- Deco art media line Media: White GessoBlack Modelling PasteWhite Crackle PAINT, Clear Matte Medium, Media Antiquing: Carbon Black, & Patina Green, Media Interference - TurquoiseWeathered WoodPrimary Magenta Tinting BaseFluid Acrylics: Burnt Umber, Deco art chalk paints Vintage 8 fl oz mixed with tinting base.
  3. Stampendous products used:- URBAN Cling 3 piece the cling stamp from the set with Archival Ink Pad Jet Black.
  4. From my stash:- Card that was long enough to folded x 4, stamping paper/card. Treasure gold white fire.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

INCREDIBLY Dee. This is my fav Nathalie stamp so I have seen it used lots of ways but I must say - this is by far one of most creations EVER from it. Wow wow - I just love the texture and colors. It just takes her stamp to an entirely different level. SUPER FINE! Xj.

craftytrog said...

Love this!

thekathrynwheel said...

OOooh I LOVE this :-) All that texture is yummy :-)