Sunday 12 March 2017

Cracks and Crevices with Lisa

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my Tando post for this week. The theme is 'cracks and crevices'. We all love a good crack don't we? or rather crack-le.... 

For this weeks theme I chose to work with one of the newer Tando products, the MDF artist palette clock. 


Here is my finished make...


First I gave the MDF palette a light coat of DecoArt white gesso. To create more texture and to add to the cracks and crevices, I covered the palette in PVA glue and applied scrunched cosmetic tissue. I did this a couple of times over the whole palette and 3 or 4 times is random areas to create different levels of thickness. When the glue had dried completely, I gave the whole palette another good coat of white gesso


I then applied a thick coat of DecoArt Weathered Wood around the edge of the palette and added patches of it in the centre. When the Weathered Wood had dried, I painted over the whole palette using DecoArt Crackle Paint(The Weathered Wood creates bigger cracks than just using the Crackle Paint alone. But by only using the Weathered Wood in certain areas, it gives a range of different sized cracks throughout the surface.)





I then used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint in Burnt Umber and Colbalt Teal to paint the palette. 

For the paint splodges, I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in Primary Yellow, Cadmium Orange, Green Gold and Colbalt Teal.




For the 'time 2 create' and the two paintbrushes I used the Stampendous Bronze Frantage encrusted Jewel Kit. 





I then added the clock mechanism but decided the black clock hands were too dark and they couldn't really be seen. So I covered the hands of the clock with Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel.




Thanks for popping by the Tando blog today.
You can go to my blog here.

Everything I have used is at the bottom of the post and they are all available on the Tando website.

Toodles for now,
Lisa x




Palette Clock  Fluid Acrylics: Burnt Umber  Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal  Fluid Acrylics: Primary Yellow  Fluid Acrylics: Cadmium Orange  Frantage Jewel Kit: BRONZE    Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel

2 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great minds think alike.. Super creation, paint palettes are a fantastic medium to use as a clock base and I love your take on it, those cracks look so effective.. Hugs Tracey xx

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL clock! That would be so fun for any studio or crafting area, for sure. ADORE all the crackle and luscious colors. REALLY FUN Tracey. j.