Monday 20 March 2017

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day in the UK this Sunday so we're celebrating all this week.



I started off by cutting part of the {Grid - Round} to the size I wanted and then soaked it in water for about half hour. After that, I carefully peeled it into 2 pieces. I left it to dry and then sprayed with ink.

Meanwhile, I selected 3 hearts from the {Mini Hearts} and experimented with pouring paint onto them. I mixed blue, white and pink acrylic paints with water to thin them a bit and them poured them all into a cup. Without mixing them, I poured them onto the hearts and kept everything crossed that the hearts didn't buckle  or the paint slide off. Here's a close up once I'd poured them and they'd settled:



They took a day to completely dry and then I gave them a thick coat of {Clear Liquid Glass}  to bring back the shine.

I finished off the card with a die cut panel and a computer generated greeting.

Kaz xxx

3 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Your paint technique looks amazing! I'll definitely be trying this! Thanks for the inspiration Kaz! <3

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

This is fabulous Kaz! x

kksb said...

Awesome hearts! Go girl-you rock!