Thursday 25 May 2017

Steampunk Week with Nikki

Morning all,

It's Steampunk week this week, and I have one of Di's newer kits to share with you today.


It's the small Steampunk kit, and was instantly a firm favourite with me!

I started with the frame and used Crackle paint to give an aged finish, then painted in Bluegrass Green and stippled with Sea Breeze.
The background was stencilled with the Short Circuit Stencil in modelling paste, and when dry, painted in the same way as the frame.  All the components were also painted.  I then took Metallic ....... and went over using my finger to apply the paint to raised area's, and age everything.  The components were edged in Warm White to add to the appeal and make them stand out.  The cogs and centre of my compass were treated with Andy Skinner's rust technique.


There are other parts to the kit but I decided to make a clock/compass affair, and used some of the cogs to layer up the parts to raise them.


There is also a stand with this kit, but I decided a piece of wall art might be nice.  At some stage I might add some rusty wire to hang it by.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Happy Crafting,

Nikki K.
xxx

Products Used:

Tando Creative: Steampunk Kit.  Large listed on website.

DecoArt: Americana paints, Bluegrass Green, Sea Breeze, Metallic Copper, Warm White.
DecoArt Stencil: Short Circuit.





2 comments:

Caroline said...

Superb! Anything cogs, clocks, steampunky, I'm in! Only wish I could master techniques, lol. Great job, Nikki!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Just adore this H A-Cx