Monday 23 April 2018

Using Paper!

Hi, I am starting this week of using paper on Tando.  A lot of us have lots of paper in our stash and using it on chipboard is an excellent way to use it up.

For my project I have used One of Andy Skinners new *scrapmetal fish* which look fantastic painted up but also as good covered with paper!!!!



I added some tinting base/gesso first to seal the pieces, though its not really necessary.  Its a habit I guess hahaha!  Then I glued the pieces onto patterned paper...


This fish is around 11cm long.  I decided to mount it onto a tiny canvas. 


So I spread some *crackle paste* through the *Bubbles* stencil while I trimmed the paper from my fish.  Using Shadow grey  Archival Ink and a sponge I went around each piece before gluing them onto the base.  When dry the canvas was colour washed with blue.  I added some grey antiquing cream to the dots.  Looks a bit like fish bubbles :-D  A ribbon to hang it by and a sentiment were added.  Oh and don't forget the eye as I nearly did :-D


Thank you for looking today.  Take care , Karen xxx





1 comment:

Carol Plume said...

Loving your funky fish… great piece Karen xx